Nash Dental Care located in Temecula, CA has had a great year of dental awareness and April is following in its steps! April marks the month for Oral Cancer Awareness Month and the doctors and staff at our practice want to ensure you are taking the correct precautions in order to maintain a healthy mouth. Each April, several of the nation’s top dental associations join together with the non-profit Oral Cancer Foundation to raise awareness for oral and oropharyngeal cancers. It is very important for you and your family to get annual screenings to ensure you are doing everything you can to stay aware and on top of this potential disease.
There are multiple potential symptoms for oral cancer:
In between dental visits at our office, it is important for patients to be aware of the following signs and symptoms. If they are not clearing up after two to three weeks please call us immediately.
• Sore, or soreness or irritation that doesn’t go away
• Red or white patches, or pain, tenderness, or numbness in mouth or lips
• Lumps, thickening tissues, rough spots, crusty or eroded areas
• Difficulty chewing, swallowing, speaking, or moving your jaw or tongue
- Swellings/thickenings, lumps or bumps, rough spots/crusts/or eroded areas on the lips, gums, or other areas inside the mouth
- The development of velvety white, red, or speckled (white and red) patches in the mouth
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
The positive side to all of this is that here at Nash Dental Care we have the technology to detect any signs of this cancer and what precautions you should be taking. During your appointment, Dr. Nash and Dr. Sewell will sit down with you and explain to you what you can be doing to avoid oral cancer.
Please call our office today to schedule your yearly oral cancer screening at (951) 699-0700